Supporting Families With Children Who Have Special Needs
Family Support Network
Of Southern Piedmont
How We Support Families:
· Parent-to-parent matching (matches a trained volunteer parent mentor with a parent in similar situations who would like support)
· Information and referrals
· NICU Support —Through funding from the Cabarrus Partnership for Children, we provide developmental information to families of babies born at CMC-Northeast and one-to-one support in the NICU.
· Sibling Support
· Support Groups
· Training for Parent Mentors
· Workshops and trainings for parents
· Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) assisting families with children with behavioral issues
NICU Parent-to-Parent: for families with infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital at CMC-Northeast and parents of “graduate” infants previously in the NICU. Offering weekly evening meetings and monthly morning meetings. For more information, please contact NICU Program Coordinator Jennifer Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-773-9394.
Sibshops: Just for boys and girls 3rd-12th grades who have a brother or sister with special needs. Monthly meeting during the school year.
The Mom Connection: Moms of children with special needs meet monthly at different venues in Concord for support and information sharing.
For more information or help in finding other support groups, please call us at 980-522-8740.
Cookies with Santa: Annual holiday event where kids get their pictures taken with Santa, decorate cookies and ornament, etc.
Summer Cookout: Annual summer event for families of kids with special needs